We are going to prepare a delicatessen dish, worthy of the most exquisite palates: the mussel croquettes that won’t leave anyone with indifference, despite being a very simple dish to prepare and extremely cheap, your guests won’t be able to stop until no croquettes will remain on the plate.
They are great appetizer and also as a main course, joined by a good salad or as you like it. I hope you enjoy them because they are delicious.
- 2 kg. Galician Mussels cooked (between 400 and 500 grs of food)
- 200 gr. Wheat flour
- 1 chopped onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 cup olive oil coffee
- 1 liter milk
- Salt, pepper and if you like some spice
- Heat the oil and poached the onion in low heat, then add the garlic and parsley finely chopped, wait a couple of minutes and add the chopped mussels.
- Cook the mixture for a couple of minutes and add the pepper and other spices, then put flour until frying and salt.
- Now let’s add the milk slowly.
- Mix with a spoon until everything is well cooked. (You will notice that when mixture I stops sticking to the pan).
- Remove from the heat and let cool the dough at least for a couple of hours, they can stay even in the fridge until the next day or freeze them and used in any moment.
- In the moment that we want to cook them, we make the croquettes with the shape that we prefer, round or oval, we roll them in flour and egg and finally we fry them in warm oil until they are well browned.